Challenges Faced by Entrepreneurs
This opportunity is open to all DMU students. The maximum number of places for this event is 15. Please check our eligibility criteria for further details.
In cooperation with our partner, Pagoda Projects, DMU Global will be offering twenty online events throughout the 2020-2021 academic year. All events are employability focused and aim to give students an insight into topics related to the international working world.
A fireside chat is an informal yet structured interview between a Pagoda Projects moderator and a guest. It’s a unique opportunity to uncover the speaker’s personal stories and ideas. This event will look at the challenges and opportunities of starting and establishing a business in Asia. The speaker will also address cultural and business differences between Australia and China.
- Opening a business in Asia: challenges & opportunities
- Cultural & business differences between Australia & China
- Familiarize with key concepts of entrepreneurship and its application in the recognition and exploitation of product/ service/ process opportunities
- Introduce the concept of innovation and the issues associated with developing and sustaining innovation within organizations
- Understand the Australia/China geopolitical climate.
- Consider the ethical and environmental issues and responsibilities which entrepreneurs take into account when making decisions
- Develop an appreciation of the range of stakeholders needed to deliver creative and sustainable solutions to specific problems
Andrew White – Resources Analyst at Curran & Co
His passion is to identify and promote high growth investment opportunities in the natural resources sector so that his clients can maximise investment returns.
He spent almost seven years living in Mainland China in both technical and managerial roles. This has given him unique language and cultural knowledge, allowing him to understand the context behind Chinese decisions and behaviours. Additionally, his technical experience in mining and resources allows him to identify listed companies that are mispriced and have the potential for significant cash flow returns.
Andrew is always on the path of growing himself and working towards his potential. He invests his time in continual learning and doing what he can to help others achieve their dreams and goals.
If you would like to join this event, click the ‘Apply now’ button at the bottom of this page. You will receive a formal invitation to register for the event to your DMU e-mail account shortly after the deadline. Please, check your inbox as well as junk inbox regularly.