Common Purpose: Business Challenge
This opportunity is open to all students particular those who have an interest in Entrepreneurship, Digital Media, Marketing and Business.
The maximum number of places for this event is 30. Please check our eligibility criteria for further details. This opportunity is free to students with DMU Global covering the £110 participation fee.
This Business Challenge (aka as a ‘Partnership Incubator’) is a high-touch online session that immerses up to 30 students in an organisation to tackle a real-life challenge.
Digitally immerse yourself in an organisation and learn how to tackle and address a real-life organisational challenge. Develop your ability to collaborate as part of a diverse team, solve a complex problem and present a viable solution to senior stakeholders.
You and your peers will immerse yourselves into DESIblitz, the largest and multi-award-winning UK based web magazine providing a unique experience of News, Gossip and Gupshup all with a Desi twist! You will meet Indi Deol, Director of DESIblitz, who will set you a practical, virtual challenge that the organisation is currently experiencing. You will work in small teams to develop your ideas, and will then present them back to Indi, who will give you feedback and questions.
The challenge to you, the students of De Montfort University, is:
How can we increase traffic to DESIblitz.com via Social Media, while remaining true to the values at the core of our social digital venture?
The four hour session offers hands on learning with other DMU students following the below structure:
- Challenge introduction: As a team, students are given a briefing by a senior leader on the organizational challenge and ask questions to deepen their understanding.
- Prototyping: Using the information they’ve been presented with, students work in their team to come up with a potential solution to the challenge.
- Presentations: The senior leader returns to hear students present their idea and provides on-the-spot feedback.
- Reflection: Students reflect on how well they worked as a team, their own individual leadership performance and how they are going to implement their learning in their life and studies.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will earn the ‘Leading Change’ micro-credential, demonstrating to the world that you’ve developed the skills to tackle complex global issues. This can be displayed on your LinkedIn profile and in your digital backpack.
If you would like to join this Business Challenge, click the ‘Apply now’ button at the bottom of this page. You will receive full details and link to join the sessions from Common Purpose to your DMU e-mail account shortly after the deadline. Please, check your inbox as well as junk inbox regularly.
- Application deadline: Monday 25 October 2021, 9am
- Welcome session: Wednesday 27 October 2021, 1 – 2pm
- Event: Wednesday 27 October 2021, 2 – 5.30pm
- Session/s duration: 4.5 hours
- Cost: Free