Environment & Innovation Webinar
This opportunity is open to all DMU students. The maximum number of places for this event is 15. Please check our eligibility criteria for further details.
In cooperation with our partner, Pagoda Projects, DMU Global will be offering twenty online events throughout the 2020-2021 academic year. All events are employability focused and aim to give students an insight into topics related to the international working world.
During this webinar speakers will discuss how sustainability in the built environment needs innovative leadership and systems change.
We are living in a volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous world. We are seeing constant shifts in our political, economic, environmental, social and technological landscape and need to adapt to changing trends in relation to the ever more severe climate crisis. Innovative leadership is a key driver for sustainability.
- Explore the impact of the changing role of technology on the professional world and environmental issues
- How businesses are having to adapt to gain a competitive edge?
- Examples from organisations with live projects creating real change, hear from experts in mindset change and organisation model innovation
- How innovation and leadership practices can enhance sustainable development for your organisation and your career?
- Gain an understanding of the underlying theories of leadership and best practice in various industries.
- Learn how leadership is applied in practice from those working on environmental impact.
- Explore examples of how innovation has created wider change.
Chris Drew, Director of Modern Family Real Estate
Chris Drew is the Director of Modern Family Real Estate in Chengdu. Chris founded the company in 2011 in order to serve the specific housing and office needs of international companies and consulates in the city. Currently, Modern Family works with over 35 companies with the majority of these being from Europe and Asia.
Originally from San Francisco, Chris came to Chengdu in 2006 and has been living in the city ever since. He has been working in real estate since 2008 and has also worked to promote foreign businesses in SW China through the EU Chamber and international events such as the Fortune Forum.
If you would like to join this event, click the ‘Apply now’ button at the bottom of this page. You will receive a formal invitation and link to the event to your DMU e-mail account 1 day before it takes place.