This opportunity is open to all DMU students who have an interest in Japanese language, culture and business. The maximum number of places for this opportunity is 40. Participants are expected to use video. Participants must have a computer equipped with a working microphone and webcam, and must ensure a good internet connection and quiet environment.
Please check our eligibility criteria for further details.
Want to travel or work in Japan in the future or you are simply interested in learning more about the country and its culture? Join this introductory session to learn the basics of written and spoken Japanese and develop your understanding of Japanese culture and business.
The pair of 2.5 hour sessions will be held over two days and will hosted by:
- Yumi Tsuji (Educator / NPO manager / Director of culture house Yumetama) – Host
- Soe Yamaguchi (Master Teacher of Urasenke tea ceremony)
- Kana Shigemasu (National University of Singapore / Tokyo University of Foreign Studies) – Japanese language tutor.
- Noriko Goble, Mikiko Anezaki, Kozue Sawada, Naho Wakamatsu (National University of Singapore); Hikari Funayama (De Montfort University) – Language Assistants.
- Yuri (Fuchu Junior School) – Media Assistant
- Sam Bamkin (De Montfort University / University of Tokyo) – Coordinator
This is a fantastic opportunity for students to develop their intercultural awareness and participate in an intensive language class.
- Day 1 (Monday 06 March 9.30am-12:30): Introduction to beginner spoken Japanese and written Japanese, with some practice.
- Day 2 (Tuesday 7th March 9.30am-12 noon): Short tour of a traditional Japanese building and introduction to a tea ceremony. Q&A about studying, living and working in Japan.
By the end of the two sessions you will be able to:
- Opportunity-specific enquiries – Sam Bamkin – firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to participate in this learning opportunity, click the ‘Apply now’ button at the bottom of this page. You will receive more details about the opportunity to your DMU e-mail account shortly after the deadline. Please, check your inbox as well as junk inbox regularly.