Introduction to Mindfulness
This opportunity is open to all DMU students. The maximum number of places for this event is 15. Please check our eligibility criteria for further details.
In cooperation with our partner, Pagoda Projects, DMU Global will be offering twenty online events throughout the 2020-2021 academic year. All events are employability focused and aim to give students an insight into topics related to the international working world.
This session is aimed at introducing students to mindfulness and meditation. Mindfulness meditation can help enhance your ability to regulate emotions and increase self-compassion. In addition, it has been found to decrease stress and anxiety.
- Mindfulness of breath meditation
- “What is mindfulness?” presentation
- Guided mindfulness body scan meditation
- The Scientific Power of Meditation cartoon
- Mindfulness of sound meditation
- Useful resources & close
- Discover Mindfulness and meditation principals.
- Learn simple ways to introduce mindfulness into your life.
Linda Orrett – Mindfulness Teacher / Hypnotherapist & Stress Management Therapist
Linda Orrett is a qualified Mindfulness Teacher, Hypnotherapist, Naturopath and Stress Management Therapist with over 18 years of experience in the field of health & wellbeing. Using her wealth of knowledge and experience she supports private clients, corporate businesses & cancer patients, using various different modalities:
- Private practice: supports private clients in improving their physical, mental and emotional health & well-being. Her private practice also involves delivering Mindfulness workshops to individuals and groups.
- Corporate Wellness: works with businesses in the North West to implement a range of corporate wellness initiatives to tackle the physical, mental health and stress-related problems faced by a growing number of today’s workforce.
- Cancer patients: works in a local cancer hospital where a major part of her work involves supporting patients through difficult procedures by teaching them mindfulness and stress management techniques. Linda also teaches mindfulness to patients and staff alike.
If you would like to join this event, click the ‘Apply now’ button at the bottom of this page. You will receive a formal invitation and link to the event to your DMU e-mail account 1 day before it takes place.