This opportunity is open to students enrolled on Film Studies programmes. Places are limited to 300, so book early to avoid disappointment. Please check our eligibility criteria for further details.
Formed in March 2018 by two international universities, the SDGFilmfest recognised the scope and importance of global challenges such as equality, the environment, human and civil rights, and the need to raise awareness of these issues to facilitate their achievement.
In this annual series of workshops, we hear from filmmakers, photographers, and academics about their experiences of working in the media, about sustainable practices, and about the underlying concerns that motivate the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
This year’s guest speakers include:
- Ben Harbisher – Coventry University
- David Bispham (2nd Unit AD, Wonder Woman, Director, Retribution)
- John Coster – Documentary Media Centre, Leicester
- Andrew Trigg – London School of Public Relations (Director, Profil Pelajar Pancasila – Mandiri)
- Rhys Davies – De Montfort University (Zombie Undead, Acid Daemons and Survival Instinct)
- Richard Irwin – Nottingham College
- Dan Hopkins – Coventry University (TBC)
SDGFilmfest is funded by the Global Challenges Research Fund, by academic institutions, and through investment from our community partners.
The workshops are free to attend for staff and students at Coventry University, the London School of Public Relations, American University Phnom Penn, De Montfort University, the Asia Pacific University, Nottingham Trent University, and the Nottingham College.
The workshops are intended to act as a primer for the #SDGFilmfest which will be open to short film submissions in May 2022.
- Opportunity-specific enquiries – Rhys Davies – email@example.com
If you would like to join this event you will need to sign up by clicking the ‘Apply now’ button at the bottom of this page.